Monday, November 28, 2011

Can I get a minute?

Well, I finally woke up after along restless night, tossing and turning in my bed as my head felt like it was going to explode and my stomach magically turned into a gaseous giant that kept me running to the bathroom well past sunrise. Yes, winter definitely IS here!

When I woke up after my horrible night's rest, at around 5 pm, I went into the living room to watch a movie with my parents. My mom asked my dad if she could have a minute, and my dad posed a very good question, "where do I get a minute?"

I've been pondering on that thought, because even if a minute doesn't seem like a lot of time, imagine if you knew you only had a minute left. It would be then that you would finally respect a minute for what it is.

After sleeping my day away, I realized how easy it is to lose track of time, but I don't want to. I want to keep my minutes and enjoy every second of them. After all, you never know when your last minute will be, so I think all minutes should be enjoyed. Life is precious... every second of it!

Anyhow, it looks as if I wont be going to the Lakeside Garden Center after all... But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy this time and find something else to do. My parents are here and I'm fortunate enough to be a 20 year old still living with them! I might as well take this time and enjoy their company - even if that means doing the dishes, taking out the garbage, or sweeping the front yard (things that I should be doing but somehow always manage to evade doing them...) I know that as long as I am here, my parents should be able to relax and enjoy themselves... something they should have been doing a long time ago.

I'm going to try to be a better person, to others and to myself. As long as I live in the moment, but still have a vision of where and what I want to be, life should be uphill from here!

Thanks for reading.
Peace and Loveee!
John.

No comments:

Post a Comment