Friday, December 16, 2011

Daily Basis





Then and Now


Its been a long journey, and I still have a long way to go, but it's time for me to admit that I have made some very BIG changes in my life, and in order for the big changes to maintain themselves, I have to continually fight against the Me on the left and side with the Me on the right. It's hard picking sides.

A few things I try to do on a daily basis:
1. Drink LOTS of water, and ONLY water
2. Drink LOTS of water, and ONLY water
3. Excersize, even if all I do is jump'n Jacks in front of the mirror.
4. Run my dog instead of walk my dog.
5. Drink LOTS of water, and ONLY water
6. Record everything I eat, even if its a low calorie cup of tea
7. Stay away from chemicals in food.
8. Only eat it if you can identify what it is. That means NO processed grains. (This is hard because processed grains are ADDICTING.)
9. Reduce Sodium intake. It's important to eat some, but I never add salt to my foods.
10. Eat at least 3 fruits and vegetables a day. Lunch for me is just a veggie or a fruit.
11. Remove the yolks from my eggs but compensate by doubling the whites. 
12. Spice my food up. I love black pepper, paprika, garlic, tumeric, cumin, thyme, etc etc.. FLAVOR!
13. If I am craving something sweet, I indulge myself, usually with peppermint tea super sweetened with stevia until it tastes like a candy cane. But if that doesn't work, I will eat what I am craving and recognize that I cheated to be extra good. (This part always messes me up because when ever I cheat I cant stop cheating. some times it takes a few weeks to get back on track, but I always do... (for now anyways.... POWER TO THE JOHN!))
14. Make it into a game! I try to make my weight loss fun. I pretend I am a wizard (but really, i am..) and I act like I am a character in a roll playing game. I even took the liberty of creating a herbalists "lab." I am always adding new vials and jars, as well as expanding my seed collection!
15. I try to get out of the house, and make it a mission to do so.
16. When I find myself unable to stop eating, I simply walk out of the house and to the park until I regain control.
17. John's fun time (not what you think.) Chose a video game and get lost in another world because stress is one of lifes constants and everyone needs a way to deal with it. For me its video games.
18. Blog about it. Blogging has really given me a chance to stop and think about what I do in a day, as well as help me plan for the future. It gives me something to look forward to.


Well, thats about it. Its a lot of things to think about and do, but if you do them, they should help... and remember. DRINK LOTS OF WATER. Don't drown yourself, but set a goal to drink more than you usually do. Substitute a glass of juice or jin for a glass of water. Water on the rocks is a good mixed drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment