Saturday, December 17, 2011

EGGS!

As most of my non-existant viewers know, I am constantly trying to maintain my weight and ensure that I never gain. One of the hard things about maintaining weight has always been staying away from unhealthy foods, portioning meals, and getting out of the house to get your body moving.

Eggs are the one protein I look forward to. They are low calorie and extremely high quality. I only eat the whites because I am afraid of the yolks. It's a self made phobia. Well, today while shopping at Costcow, my Dad and I found some cartoned egg whites that were 99% pure egg whites with 1% natural colorings and flavors. the 1%, which I am not a part of, made the egg whites taste as if they still had the yolk in them, without the extra fat, cholesterol, or calories. I ate them for dinner to give them a test run and BOY were they good!

Before I found my new breakfast food, I went to a brunch for my brothers girlfriend. Being on a strict "I cook my own food" meal plan, I did not order anything off the menu except for a seasonal fruit cup. It was actually quite filling. What I could not believe was the amount of food everyone else ordered! It made me think back to the old days when John would have eaten all of it +some. Amazing.

Later that thought came up in conversation with Dad, and he told me that I had actually ordered correctly, and that everyone else used the graduation party as an excuse to over eat. He said that it was cultural for people in group settings to over consume, a custom dating back to the Romans. I thought it funny, because people were laughing at me and offering me more food. A cup of fresh fruit didn't seem like enough food to most, but it was more than enough for me.

Anyways, I love eggs, and as I said before they are a very good food, especially the whites. No, yolk, I don't hate you, I just don't love you.

So to my non-existant viewers, or to the actual people who may one day stumble upon my blog, I say to you this. Drink lots of water and go level up your skills. Live is a game if you have a roll2play

No comments:

Post a Comment